Tuesday, January 13, 2009

OBEY MOTHER KALI


This is a picture I drew over about 4 nights. I started out drawing the whole thing in mechanical pencil, then I inked it and finished with colored pencil.





I think the first time I encountered Kali was in a Batman comic in the late 80s. Next I met her through the BE HERE NOW. I began to understand her true nature. She is nursing with one hand and has a bloody weapon in the other. She is ugly, she is beautiful. She is Creator and Annihilator. She is mother, she is murderer. She creates a new era by destroying the old. Her Nature is of a nurturer and killer. When she kills her husband Siva she is bringing about a new era as our incarnation is tied to his. I really love the myth of Kali.

Om SHAnti SHAnti SHAnti
 
Creative Commons License
Heavy Metal Yogi by Nick Matthaes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.